Digit Edu 2023 (Promoting cooperation and research to address the digital needs in the area of education and training in Europe–Year 1) is a project funded by the European Union under the Erasmus+ programme, Civil Society Cooperation in the fields of Youth, Education and Training. European Digital Learning Network ETS (DLEARN) participates in this project, which runs from January 2023 and December 2023, as a single partner.
- Why does DLEARN participate in this project?
DLEARN’s institutional activities are totally in line and aimed at contributing toward the European Education Area (EEA) initiatives, it contributes to the general interest and policies of the EU in the context of the broad cultural revolution it addresses, pursuing several objectives, including contributing to the objectives defined in the European ‘Digital Agenda’ initiative through the implementation of what is necessary for the creation of the so-called ‘Digital Competencies in the European Economy and Society’ pillar.
Furthermore, DLEARN activities are in line to contribute to the Digital Education Plan 2021-2027, an initiative aimed at greater European cooperation on digital education. In particular, DLEARN is engaged to promoting actions for equal and inclusive access in education, following the ‘European Pillar of Social Rights’, with a strong focus on the digital competences.
- In this project DLEARN is committed to the following objectives:
1. To raise awareness and contribute to the realisation of the European Education Area and the Digital Education Plan
2. To contribute to the development of policies at European level on the topic of digital skills and digital transformation
3. To promote cooperation between EU organisations for the promotion of digital education and digital needs.
4. To promote the participation of organisations in the Erasmus+ programme, the European Solidarity Corps and other EU programmes
5. To facilitate exchange of good practices, results and experiences among stakeholders for an inclusive digital society
6. To increase stakeholder commitment and cooperation with public authorities for the implementation of policies and reforms in line with the European Education Area objectives
- The project’s target groups:
-EU citizens: the general public will have the opportunity to participate in and benefit from the various activities organised by DLEARN such as research, webinars and training courses.
-Teachers, educators, trainers, practitioners who will be involved in various activities of the DLEARN network, such as satellite conferences, networking events, research activities, training courses and open webinars, through which they will have the opportunity to learn about new trends in ICT in education, learn about new tools and exchange experiences and practices with colleagues.
-Organisations active in education and training: they will be involved through participation in the annual conference, satellite conferences, networking events and training courses, thanks to which they will be able to exchange good practices with other organisations in Europe and will be able to collaborate with joint projects and initiatives in order to promote more digital and inclusive education.
-Researchers, policy-makers, national and EU stakeholders,who will be involved in DLEARN activities, in particular in the annual conference, satellite conferences, and participation in European networks and in the dissemination of the recommendation documents developed as a result of the research launched by DLEARN within this project.
-Learners: they are an indirect target group of the network, but also the final beneficiaries of all DLEARN activities. will benefit from the increase in the quality of education offered and will have the opportunity to develop their skills and competences, which will enable them to play an active role in the European Union in the future, as agents of change.
- The project’s main results:
-Annual Conference in Brussels to strengthen the mutual learning through round table discussions, plenary presentations and interactive workshops.
-Satellite conferences the countries of Dlearn Members to strengthen further the cooperation among public authorities, decision makers and stakeholders induction and training.
-Networking events organised online, where European Commission representatives from DG EAC present their speeches, offering participants the opportunity to engage in policy dialogue, generate new ideas and grow their networks.
-Participation in EU wide networks to promote skills development, in particular digital skills, social inclusion and training.
- Research on digital skills and jobs to estimate which digital competences are needed to address the skills mismatch in the era of digital transformation.
- Research on Digital Footprint to collect key information and data on European citizens’ knowledge and awareness of their online digital footprint.
-Training courses open to EU organisations and individuals which will aim to increase the skills and knowledge of those involved on various topics(“Maximising the impact of eU projects”, “EU projectManagement”, “Building capacity of new coming organisations in EU projects”).
-Webinar open and free of charge that will focus on the following topics:”Digitalisation ofWork Based Learning”, “STEM in secondary education”, “Digital games for language learning”, “Digital education for adults and seniors”.