The Covid 19 pandemic has overthrown established practices in the world of education, and it has dictated the need to support qualitative and effective digitalization of VET provision as well as to pursuit actions and programmes that both teaching and administrative staff need in their effort for upskilling their communication and digital competences to meet the new challenge.
Launched in March 2021, this Erasmus+ KA2 Strategic partnership project entitled “We-R-Open – An educational approach for digital upskilling of Teaching, Managerial and Administrative staff of VET Schools” aims to support VET institutions in their digitalization process, providing learning resources to their trainers and staff. In particular, the central aim of the WE-R-OPEN project is the digitalization of VET institutions through providing adequate learning resources to their staff, since the Covid-19 pandemic has overthrown established practices in the world of education. Indeed, it has dictated the need to support qualitative and effective digitalization of VET provision, as well as to pursuit actions and programmes that both teaching and administrative staff need in their effort for upskilling their communication and digital competences to meet the new challenges.
During its lifetime (22 months in total), the project Consortium, formed by 4 VET organizations (FORAVE from Portugal, IEK DELTA and IDEC from Greece, DEFOIN from Spain), EMPHASYS CENTRE from Cyprus and the EUROPEAN DIGITAL LEARNING NETWORK from Italy, will be involved in the development of the following 2 Intellectual Outputs:
- “ONLINE VET CLASSROOMS” TOOLKIT, which will consist of an online collection of tools and learning resources that VET teachers and trainers can employ to support the digital transformation of VET courses. The aim of the toolkit will be the upskilling of VET teaching staff to be able to deploy digital tools and methods for delivering teaching and facilitating communication internally and externally. In addition, the toolkit will provide valuable resources and tools for blended learning, that can be used in parallel with presential teaching to maximize the learning outcomes even after the pandemic.
- “E-LEARNING COURSE FOR ADMINISTRATIVE/SUPPORT AND BACK-OFFICE STAFF”, which will consist of an e-learning course for administrative/support and back-office staff of VET institutions. It will aim to fill in the digital skills and competences gaps and will allow the VET institutions to continue their operation, during strict mobility measures and ensure the continuation of offering their support services to students, employers, and community. The e-learning course will cover the need for organising services like communication with students, parents, Career days by using digital technologies.
The project and its activities are addressed to the whole VET schools’ community, and in particular:
- Teachers and educators of VET schools
- The administrative staff of VET schools
- Supporting and back-office staff of VET schools
- VET Students and their parents.
Stay up to date on the project online:
Visit the website: www.weropen-project.eu
Follow the project activities on