Our local guide is an Erasmus+ KA2 project whose aim is to train more than 400 seniors with low digital skills to become tourist guides. The project, led by a consortium of 6 European partners, targets unemployed, low qualified, retired adults who wish to start a career as tourist destination managers.
Your Local Guide, by providing those seniors with the necessary digital skills and marketing abilities essential to the start of their new professional path in the tourism sector, will give an important contribution to the economic and social development of the regions involved. Seniors in fact, once trained as tourism experts, will be able to successfully promote their regions and help therefore the wealth of their communities.
The project will develop:
- White paper on digital skills needed in destination management
- Training kit ‘expert in tourism destination marketing and management’
- Videogame digital marketing for tourism destination
Your Local Guide will:
- increase low digital skills of adult human resources in tourism destination marketing and management;
- serve as a forum to brainstorm on challenges and opportunities for digital tourism skills;
- help shape new actions designed to increase the uptake of digital technologies by the tourism sector;
- improve SMEs’ inclusion in the global digital value chain.
The consortium is composed by:
- Agentia pentru dezvoltare regional Nord-Est NERDA, Romania
- European Digital Learning Network, Italy
- DomSpain Consulting, Spain
- CCS Digital Education Limited, Ireland
- Rusenska Targovsko Industrialna Kamara, Bulgaria
- Asociatia pentru turism Bucovina, Romania
Stay up to date on the project online:
Visit the project website: www.yourlocalguide.org
Follow the project activities on