What’s next in education?
Opportunities and developments in the fast growing digital era
19th of October 2017 Brussels
from 8:45 to 17:00
Liaison Agency Flanders-Europe
Avenue de Cortenbergh, 71
Schuman Quarter – 1000 Brussel
Dlearn, in occasion of its Annual Conference is helding an event to present the results of the research “What do you think about the future of digital Education and Training in EU?”. This initiative has been promoted in the past months in the framework of the pledge awarded to Dlearn as member of the Digital Skills and Jobs Coalition. Together with the European Association of Career Guidance and the European Association of Erasmus Coordinators, we have promoted a self-sustained survey, to understand the point of view of the professionals in education and training with a bottom-up approach and shared among all European Countries and EU institutions, thus to collect a feedback from people that deal daily with improvements and changes in education and training.
After the collection of 1000+ questionnaire, we have analysed the results that will be presented and commented in Brussels next 19th of October 2017, by a top level panel of speakers.
The programme of the Conference
Moderator: Peter Woodward
- Welcome speech by Gianluca Coppola – European Digital Learning Network President – Presentation of Dlearn and the results achieved through the research “What do you think about the future of digital Education and Training in EU?”
- Joao Santos – Deputy Head of Unit Vocational training, Apprenticeships and Adult learning (E.3) – Directorate General for Employment, Social Affairs and Inclusion – Future policies in vocational training to match the skill gap and increase employability
- Lucilla Sioli– Head of Unit Digital Economy and Skills (F.4) – DG Communications Networks, Content, Technology – The initiatives of Digital Skills and Jobs Coalition and the impact of ICT on labour markets
- Gregory Makrides – President of EAEC European Association of Erasmus Coordinators – Presentation of the results of the research from a Higher Education perspective
- Brikena Xhomaqi – Director of LLP Platform – Presentation of the results of the research from Vocational Training and Adult education perspective
- Ferre Windey – Board Member of OBESSU Organising Bureau of European School Student Unions – Presentation of the results of the research from School perspective
Practical workshops to share best practices, experiences and tools to empower education through ICT
- Prof. Karl Donert – President, EUROGEO Director of the European Centre of Excellence “Digital Earth”. Digital Storytelling: using the potential of maps and open data on the Cloud
- Dr. Ifigeneia Metaxa – Atlantis Engineering. Best practices for use of Augmented Reality tools in vocational and on-the-job training
- Prof. Tomaz Amon – Bioanim. Learn in the (virtual) nature with the help of virtual, augmented reality and 3D printing
- Prof. Anestis Papadopoulos – Platon School. The Digital Competence Framework for Consumers – Overview and challenges
In cooperation with: