The European project Your Local Guide is reaching the end of the financing period and we would like to share with you what we did within Your Local Guide project lifetime.
Your Local Guide is an Erasmus+ KA2 project that started in 2018 gathering a consortium made up of 6 European partners:
- Agentia pentru dezvoltare regional Nord-Est NERDA, Romania
- European Digital Learning Network, Italy
- DomSpain Consulting, Spain
- CCS Digital Education Limited, Ireland
- Rusenska Targovsko Industrialna Kamara, Bulgaria
- Asociatia pentru turism Bucovina, Romania
The project focused on the development of digital and marketing competences of seniors willing to work as tourism agents, particularly those with low digital skills, in order to make them experts in tourism destinations’ promotion and management. Therefore enhancing the appeal and potential of touristic places through the engagement of local people. The project main target group was unemployed, low qualified, retired adults who wish to start a career as tourist destination managers.
Since the beginning, the project had some clear expected results:
- increasing low digital skills of adult human resources in tourism destination marketing and management;
- serving as a forum to brainstorm on challenges and opportunities for digital tourism skills;
- helping shape new actions designed to increase the uptake of digital technologies by the tourism sector;
- improving SMEs’ inclusion in the global digital value chain.
As part of the project, the consortium was supposed to meet face-to-face during 5 Transnational Project Meetings. Due to the Covid-19 pandemic and the restrictions connected to it, the partners gathered in 2018 in Romania, in 2019 Bulgaria and Spain, while the last two meetings foreseen in Italy and in Romania for 2020 & 2021 were both held online. Apart from the partners’ mobilities for Transnational Project Meetings, due to the pandemic situation, the short term joint staff training on Digital Marketing for Tourism Destination was also held online.
The outputs of the project will remain available beyond its conclusion and easily accessible on the project website at https://www.yourlocalguide.org/en/ for anybody aiming to improve its digital and marketing skills for tourism destinations’ management and promotion.