SMART VILLAGE – DEVELOPING RURAL TOURISM BUSINESSES THROUGH CIRCULAR ECONOMY AND SOCIAL INNOVATION project intends to create a new educational curriculum for upgrading until 2022 new digital basic skills and competences to more than 900 economic disadvantaged low-skilled and low-qualified senior adults impacted by the COVID-19 pandemic crisis, more exactly for persons living in deprived rural areas from at least 9 European local communities. The project will teach to seniors how to create their own new business in villages by using innovative local and cultural tourism opportunities based on social innovation best practices and circular economy principles.
The project can be a great opportunity for seniors to earn their own living in the economic crisis generated by the pandemic period, keep their mind engaged and challenged and stay active in the community.
SMART VILLAGE project will produce new innovative teaching and learning approaches in the form of:
- a research study and best practices collection,
- 4 multiple handbooks,
- a training kit,
- a videogame as tools for acquiring entrepreneurial competences in rural tourism.
The project platform of resources and community will ensure a direct impact on more than 900 adults learners (seniors) until 2022 who will increase their low digital skills and long term impact on more than 500 travel agencies and from Europe.
The project partners will produce principal outcomes to reach their goal:
- White Paper on Smart Village, Digital, Social Innovation and Circular Economy Skills needed in Rural Tourism;
- Training course: SMART VILLAGE – DEVELOPING RURAL TOURISM BUSINESSES THROUGH CIRCULAR ECONOMY AND SOCIAL INNOVATION;
- Educational E-learning Platform: SMART VILLAGE TOURISM;
- A short term joint staff training on Educational E-learning Platform: SMART VILLAGE RURAL TOURISM;
- Multiplication Events in 6 countries for Testing Educational E-learning Platform: SMART VILLAGE RURAL TOURISM;
- A final Conference “SMART VILLAGE – DEVELOPING RURAL TOURISM BUSINESSES THROUGH CIRCULAR ECONOMY AND SOCIAL INNOVATION”.
The project is developed by Asociatia Tinutul Zimbrului (RO), Agentia pentru Dezvoltare Regionala Nord-Est (RO), European Digital Learning Network (IT), EUROGEO VZW (BE), CCS DIGITAL EDUCATION LIMITED (IE), UPI – ljudska univerza Zalec (SI), RUSENSKA TARGOVSKO INDUSTRIALNA KAMARA (BG), AINTEK SYMVOULOI EPICHEIRISEON EFARMOGES YPSILIS TECHNOLOGIAS EKPAIDEFSI ANONYMI ETAIREIA (GR) and IRENE’S TRAVEL (RO).
To follow the steps of the project and to benefit from its results, stay tuned on our website and social media channels, meanwhile the project ones!