GoDigital – Digital Tools for work – is a project financed under the Erasmus+ programme of the European Commission, lasting two years (2019-2021) implemented by a transnational consortium consisting of 7 partners from 7 European countries (ES, IT, BG, BE, UK, CY, EL), all of them members to the European Network Dlearn (European Digital Learning Network).
The projects respond to the needs and necessities of the so called NEETs: that is to say, those young people who are currently not enrolled in any educational path or training course neither are employed. The situation of NEETs people in Europe is difficult: in 2018, for instance, 16,5% of young people fell into such category. The rate is particularly high in some countries such as Italy, Greece and Bulgaria.
European NEETs, aged 18 to 30 years old, are the main target group of GoDigital project, together with adult trainers and teachers, VET trainers and teachers, school teachers, career guidance practitioners at all levels (VET and adult training centres, public services, etc.).
GoDigital has the general objective of improving the employability of NEET people from 18 to 30 years old. To pursue such aim, the project has also specific objectives which are the following:
- To tackle the main digital skills gaps in order to boost NEETs’ visibility in the labour market;
- To promote innovative pedagogies and methods for teaching, learning and assessing for those subjects where skills shortages exist;
- To foster NEETs’ people self-awareness in terms of digital skills making them competitive for the labour market;
- To improve career guidance for young people;
- To reinforce the digital knowledge of trainers, career counsellors and employers.
GoDigital foresees a variety of different activities in order to foster young people employability by tackling the digital skills gap and competencies shortage. The tangible outcome of such activities will be the so called Digital Skills Tool for work Accelerator – an OER tool to train and validate young people digital skills in order to make them visible in the labour market- and the Training materials through personalised paths- another OER resource targeting the digital skills gap of the target group.
To follow the steps of the project, stay tuned on our website and social media channels!